Emergency personnel from Rochelle responded to a small grease fire yesterday evening in the kitchen at the McDonald's off Ranger Drive.
The incident took place a short time before 5:15 as the entire building was evacuated.
A spokesman from the fire department said that the system put in by McDonald's in case of a grease fire put out the flames. There was some damage done to the grill area and floor.
No one suffered any injuries.
The fire department was on the scene for about 15 minutes to get the smoke out of the building. The fast food restaurant went back to serving customers a short time later.