The Talk of North Central Illinois

Upcoming Events

Friday, Aug 22, 5:30 PM
Saturday, Aug 23, 11:00 AM
Saturday, Aug 23, 12:00 PM
Sunday, Aug 24, 11:30 AM
Tuesday, Aug 26, 6:30 PM

Social Media

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter





Fire at Rochelle industry

The Rochelle Fire Department responded to smoke inside the new Coated Sand Solutions plant yesterday morning at 1951 Steward Road.

The problem was noticed a short time before 9am.

Fire Chief Brian Johnson said that the fire was smoldering in the duct work area between the Mixer and Thermal Oxidizer on the 7th floor of the building. The cause of the smoke was accidental in nature.

Cost damage is estimated to be a few hundred dollars. No one suffered any injuries from the incident.

Fire crew were on the scene for just under an hour and a half. Departments from the Ogle-Lee Fire Protection District were also called to the scene.

The Rochelle Fire Department received word of smoke inside a home yesterday afternoon at 616 North 6th Street.

The problem was caused by burnt food in the oven. No one suffered any injuries.

Comments

Your Local Station For:

Prescott Ford
Birthday Club - Sponsored by : New China Buffet, Culvers and DQ
Copyright © 2014 WRHL. WRHL. News Talk 1060am. All Rights Reserved.
Site by RiverBender.com