815-561-8255 Request Line

Upcoming Events

Tuesday, Apr 24, 3:30 PM
Tuesday, Apr 24, 4:15 PM
Wednesday, Apr 25, 12:30 PM
Wednesday, Apr 25, 4:15 PM
Thursday, Apr 26, 4:15 PM

Social Media

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thanksgiving fires

Area fire departments are warning residents to be carful today when using turkey fryers as part of their Thanksgiving dinner.

Reports indicate that this type of cooking is the leading cause of a fire on Thanksgiving day at a home.

During yesterday's program "Let The People Know", Rochelle Fire Prevention Officer Zach Prewett said that people should know what their doing or they could get hurt.

Chief Brian Johnson joined Prewett on the program. He stressed that the major concern is if someone is burned from the hot oil.

Prewett said that people should use the fryer away from your home and garage in an open area. It's also a good idea to thaw the turkey completely before putting it in the grease. Frozen, cold, or even a wet turkey could cause the oil to spill over the pot's rim and onto the burner, causing an explosion.

"Let The People Know" is heard on Wednesday afternoons at 12:30 on Newstalk 1060 and re-broadcast Saturday mornings at 6 on Newstalk 1060 and Sunday mornings at 7 on 102.3FM.



Download the WRHL App Today!

Download the Apple app today
Download the Google Play app today
Closings and Cancellations

Your Local Station For:

Copyright © 2018 WRHL. Good Time Oldies 1060am. All Rights Reserved.
WRHL Public File
Site by RiverBender.com