No one suffered any injuries early Sunday morning after a fire destroyed a 1-story home in rural Rochelle.
It is believed that the flames started by an unattended cigarette.
Flames were noticed a short time before 5 at 11281 East Oak Court, the residence of Bob Thompson and his family.
The fire was contained in the east and south sections of the home.
The State Fire Marshall's office was contacted to help in the investigation. Cost damage to the home is estimated to be at $150,000.
5 cats and 2 dogs were killed in the blaze.
The Red Cross was also contacted to help relocate Thompson, his wife and 2 children involving living accommodations.