No one suffered any serious injuries this past weekend following a 1-story house fire in Rochelle.
The blaze began a short time before 7 Saturday morning at 414 Cleveland Avenue, the residence of Rebecca Duncan.
Rochelle Fire Chief Brian Johnson said that the flames started in the kitchen area. There was smoke in the enitre house when crews arrived on the scene. Chief Johnson said that this was an accidental fire.
Cost damage to the home will be over $50,000. Fire departments from Steward and Hillcrest were also on the scene.
Duncan was taken by ambulance to Rochelle Community Hospital with minor injuries.
Fire department crews were at the home for about an hour and a half.