A major natural gas leak in DeKalb yesterday morning closed a section of the Union Pacific Railroad and also evacuted an apartmenrt complex.
There were no reports of any serious injuries.
The problem was caused by workers at the CVS Pharmacy on Annie Glidden Road who struck a gas line in the area. The Colonial Townhouse Apartment was evacuated a short time later.
The trains were also stopped on the Union Pacific tracks as they could cause a spark which would start a fire.
Nicor officials were called to the scene to repair the leak. Emergency personnel from DeKalb were at the location for several hours.